- 1 medium head lettuce, torn
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, parsley, eggs, tomatoes, peas, bacon, cheese and onion in the order listed.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, basil, salt and pepper. Carefully spread on top of salad.
Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
(Recipe courtesy of "Taste of Home New Revised Cookbook")