A Casper woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy.
Britney Rosenfield, 25, stood before Natrona County District Judge David Park and, through her attorney, requested to waive a reading of the official charges.
Park declined, and advised Rosenfield that she was facing one count of first-degree sexual abuse of a minor and one count of second-degree sexual abuse of a minor.
According to the defendant’s arrest affidavit, Rosenfield reported to Casper police that she had been engaging in sexual intercourse with the boy since August. She was accompanied by her husband and mother as she filed the report.
Rosenfield reportedly told officers she had sex with the boy about five or six times at her residence.
The boy elaborated on the encounters through an interview with the Child Advocacy Project, according to court documents. He said the incidents occurred in several rooms of Rosenfield’s house, including the living room, the defendant’s bedroom and the laundry room. He said the first time the two had sexual contact was actually July 5 and the most recent time was Oct. 16.
If convicted, Rosenfield could face up to 50 years in prison for first-degree sexual abuse and up to 20 years for second-degree sexual abuse. She is currently being held on a $50,000 bond.
The Star-Tribune does not publish the names or identities of the victims of alleged sex crimes.