A fire Wednesday night in Casper started in a parked minivan, destroyed a garage and displaced a local family. No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire was reported around 7 p.m. in the 1400 block of South Fenway Street, according to a Casper Fire-EMS Department news release. When firefighters arrived, they contained the fire to the garage and put it out before it could spread to the house.

The minivan was destroyed, and the garage is also likely destroyed, said fire department spokesman Dane Andersen.

“It’s gonna be a complete redo of the garage,” he said.

Although the house was not damaged by the blaze, the residents were put up in a hotel Wednesday night. Andersen said that power to the house was cut as a precautionary measure.

The department suspects the fire began in the vehicle, Andersen said. The electrical supply to the house is not believed to have played a role.

Andersen said an estimate of monetary damage was not yet available.

Follow crime reporter Shane Sanderson on Twitter @shanersanderson