Subscribe for 33¢ / day
Police lights

A fire Friday night in a detached garage destroyed possessions and caused minor damage to the structure. No injuries were reported.

The fire was reported about 8 p.m. at the 1100 block of E. 5th Street. Firefighers found an ATV on fire in the garage, where a large amount of gasoline was burning on the floor. Occupants were exiting the home as Casper Fire-EMS Department units arrived, according to a press release from the department. They extinguished the fire, and its cause is under investigation.

Garage fires tend to spread farther and cause more injuries and damage than other home fires. The Casper Fire-EMS Department reminds people to store oil, gasoline, paint and other flammable liquids in a shed away from the home, keep flammable items on shelves away from appliances, plug only one charging appliance into each outlet and don’t use extension cords to charge appliances.

0
0
0
0
1

Load comments