A Mills man pleaded guilty Thursday to two felonies in relation to a 2015 mobile home invasion robbery.

Prosecutors dismissed two other charges against Konnor P. Rollison in exchange for his pleas. A plea agreement calls for Rollison to be sentenced to six to 12 years imprisonment.

Rollison told Natrona County District Court Judge Catherine Wilking that he carried a hatchet into Aspen Trailer Park as part of a robbery.

“We planned on taking anything we could get from them,” Rollison said.

He said that although he didn’t make verbal threats to the victims of the crime, it wasn’t necessary.

When asked if the victims appeared frightened, Rollison said they had.

“Very much so, your honor,” he told the court.

Although the victims of the crime told investigators they did not have marijuana in the home at the time of the robbery, Rollison told the judge he and his co-defendants had made away with the drug.

Rollison did not name his co-defendants in court, but Tanner Davis of Cheyenne and Gabriel Ingles of Bar Nunn have also been charged in relation to the crime. They are awaiting trial.

Prosecutor Daniel Itzen said after Rollison’s change of plea hearing that Taylor J. Whiting, who was also alleged to be involved in the crime, had been charged in federal court. Whiting pleaded guilty in November to a single count of being a felon in possession of a firearm and was sentenced to 37 months imprisonment.

Whiting was already serving a sentence in an unrelated case when received the federal sentence.

Rollison remained in custody Thursday morning. He pleaded guilty to one count of aiding and abetting an aggravated robbery and one county of aiding and abetting an aggravated burglary. Prosecutors dismissed two felony conspiracy charges.

Court documents allege that the defendants held a man and two boys at gunpoint in the trailer park before tying up the victims and ransacking the trailer.

Although the robbery is alleged to have occurred in July 2015, police were not alerted until January 2016, when an informant told police a group had robbed another man at gunpoint, according to court documents.

Police interviewed the alleged victim, who said he and his two friends had been sleeping when two men burst into his bedroom wielding guns and a hatchet. The man’s friends, both under 18 and thus unidentified in the court documents, were sleeping in the living room at the time, according to the documents. The man told police that intruders had threatened to kill him and his family if he went to police.

Follow crime reporter Shane Sanderson on Twitter @shanersanderson

0
0
2
0
1

Crime and Courts Reporter

Shane Sanderson is a Star-Tribune reporter who primarily covers criminal justice. Sanderson is a proud University of Missouri graduate. Lately, he’s been reading Cormac McCarthy and cooking Italian food. He writes about his own life in his free time.

Load comments