(Previous ranking, overall record in parentheses)
1. Gillette (Pvs: 1, 20-2 overall): The Camels closed out the regular season with a convincing victory against rival Sheridan.
2. Riverton (2, 21-3): The Wolverines dropped the season finale to Evanston, but we still they are Gillette’s best challenger.
3. Laramie (3, 18-4): The Plainsmen successfully closed out the regular season and enter the postseason as a the quiet darkhorse.
4. Star Valley (4, 17-4): The Braves are undoubtedly the top team in Class 3A, but could face a tough regional final if host Powell advances.
5. Evanston (5, 14-9): The Red Devils illustrate 4A’s head-scratching season. They lose to Rock Springs, but turn around and defeat Riverton.
1. Lovell (Pvs: 1, 22-1 overall): The Bulldogs closed the regional weekend with another solid victory against Wyoming Indian.
2. Burlington (2, 24-0): The Huskies enter the Class 1A state tournament as heavy favorites after dispatching all western challengers.
3. Wyoming Indian (3, 23-3): The road to a fifth consecutive state championship game appearance will be tough, but never count out the Chiefs.
4. Big Horn (4, 21-5): The Rams continue to roll and enter the Class 2A state tournament with 15 victories in their last 16 games.
5. Ten Sleep (5, 22-4): The Pioneers can’t seem to get past Burlington (three of their four losses). Can the flip the script at state?