- Brunch and Bach, Nicolaysen Art Museum, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Jan. 6, music by Wyoming Symphony Orchestra String Quartet.
- Jami Lynn, Artcore, 7:30 p.m., Jan. 10, Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church. Artcore pricing: Adult, $13; seniors (60 and over), $12; students and school teachers, $7; 12 and under, $5.
- Casper Brass & Storm Door Co., Artcore, 7:30 p.m., Jan. 13, Wheeler Concert Hall. Artcore pricing: Adult, $13; seniors (60 and over), $12; students and school teachers, $7; 12 and under, $5.
- Seniors’ night on the town, Jan. 19, dinner at Ramkota, followed by Wyoming Symphony Orchestra at NCHS. Transportation provided! Cost $15 includes dinner, symphony and transportation. Everyone wishing to participate must call 266-1478 to reserve a spot, as availability is somewhat limited.
- Kinser Jazz Festival, Casper College, Feb. 4 to 6. Concert Feb. 5, Manhattan Transfer.
- Celtic Showcase, Feb. 8, Restoration Church, 7 p.m. Artcore pricing: Adult, $13; seniors (60 and over), $12; students and school teachers, $7; 12 and under, $5.
- Gary Allen, country star, Casper Events Center, Feb. 13, 7 p.m.
- Casper Chamber Music Society. February 24, 4 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church, Steve Trinkle, trumpet; April 7, 2 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church, Hellos, piano trio; May 19, 4 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church, Debussy Missincinatti, chamber folk music. Tickets at the door: adults $10, seniors 60+ $8, students/children free; season tickets, adults $55, seniors 60+ $40.
You have free articles remaining.
- Art 321’s Eclectic Group open to anyone, meets most Fridays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost for each session is $5 and there is a different program or project planned each week. Extra supplies are usually available, so just bring what you already have from the list for each class. October sessions include: November 30, string pulled flowers (string/cord or chain & paper).
- Informal weaving group, 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Art 321. Use tabletop looms provided or purchase one for $20. Cost is $5 per week. Expert weavers on hand to help.
- Informal Artists Mingle session each Thursday afternoon, 1 to 3 p.m., Art 321. Artists are invited to meet one another, network and find new friends. Bring something you are working on to show others and request valuable feedback if you desire.
- Art 321 hosts open ceramics studio every Tuesday morning from 10 a.m. to noon. Cost $10 per session, instructor present to assist you. Clay available for purchase or bring your own. All other supplies are provided.
- Broadway in Casper, “The Sound of Music,” 7:30 p.m., January 7, Casper Events Center.
- Broadway in Casper, “The Wizard of Oz,” 7:30 p.m., January 30, Casper Events Center.
- Casper College Theatre and Dance, “Rashomon,” Thomas H. Empey Studio Theatre, February 21-24, 28, and March 1-3; dance concert, “The Firebird Ballet,” April 4-7 and 11-13.Tickets for all productions are available online at caspercollegearts.cc or by phone at 268-2500 or toll-free at 800-442-2963, ext. 2500. Tickets for each performance are $12 for adults and $10 for students aged 5 to 18.