- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool for 30 minutes.
Slice eggs in half (discard yolks or save for another use). Cut the whites into 1/2-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, egg whites, onion, celery, green onions, red pepper and parsley; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
(Recipe courtesy of "Taste of Home New Revised Cookbook)