- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced sweet strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 pint lime sherbet, optional
In a saucepan, combine sugar, tapioca and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes or unti thickened and clear. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate and remaining water until the concentrate is thawed. Stir in strawberries, peaches and oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Just before serving, stir in the bananas. Top each serving with a scoop of sherbet if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
(Recipe courtesy of "Best of Taste of Home -- The First 10 Years)