Try 3 months for $3
Police lights

A fire Tuesday night significantly damaged a Casper house and killed several pets inside, the Casper Fire-EMS Department said Wednesday morning.

The house’s resident was not home at the time of the fire, the agency said in a statement.

According to the statement, firefighters responded at around 10:30 p.m. to the 500 block of South Conwell Street. When they arrived, they observed fire coming from the building’s eaves. The fire had spread inside the building but was controlled within 15 minutes.

Firefighters found several pets inside the house that had been killed by the fire, according to the statement. The pets’ species are not specified in the statement.

The house’s resident will not be able to immediately return to the home and was given City-County Burn Fund monies to help cover immediate expenses, according to the statement.

An investigation determined the fire began when a coffee maker on the stove bumped a stove burner valve, according to the statement. Investigators determined the fire was not set intentionally.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

More video from this section

Follow crime reporter

Shane Sanderson on Twitter

@shanersanderson

0
0
0
0
0

Crime and Courts Reporter

Shane Sanderson is a Star-Tribune reporter who primarily covers criminal justice. Sanderson is a proud University of Missouri graduate. Lately, he’s been reading Cormac McCarthy and cooking Italian food. He writes about his own life in his free time.

Load comments