Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
One dead in Casper fire caused by extension cord
0 Comments
breaking top story

One dead in Casper fire caused by extension cord

  • Updated
  • 0
{{featured_button_text}}
Police lights

One person died in a structure fire in Casper on Wednesday, police said Thursday. 

An investigation into the fire, which occurred on East Second Street near Fenway Street on Wednesday morning, found it was caused by an overloaded extension cord.

Support Local Journalism

Your membership makes our reporting possible.
{{featured_button_text}}

According to a release from the Casper Police Department, there were two adults inside the building at the time of the fire.

Casper fire sends two to hospital

One person was found by fire crews inside and died at Wyoming Medical Center. The other was able to escape the building and was also taken to the hospital with injuries.

Casper Fire-EMS said in a statement Thursday that they believe the fire was accidentally ignited by heat from the overloaded cord.

Follow city and crime reporter Ellen Gerst on Twitter at @ellengerst

0 Comments
0
0
0
2
0

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News