{{featured_button_text}}
Police lights

A fire burned a south Casper home Tuesday morning, killing one pet. 

Firefighters responded to an alarm at 7:22 a.m. and found smoke exiting a home on the 2500 block of Saratoga Road, according to a news release from Casper Fire-EMS.

No one was home at the time of the fire, but there were pets living inside, according to the fire department. One died. The announcement did not specify the type of animal.

The crew quickly extinguished the fire, preventing additional damage. An update on the condition of the home was not immediately available Tuesday morning. 

Firefighters did not state a cause of the fire in their press release.

The department credited a remote fire alarm system for helping to alert firefighters, allowing them to put out the blaze earlier, minimizing damage in the process. 

Five units from Casper Fire-EMS responded to the blaze, along with police and medics. 

Get the latest local news delivered daily directly to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
3
0

Editor

Joshua Wolfson joined the Star-Tribune in 2007, covering crime and health before taking over the arts section in 2013. He also served as managing editor before being named editor in June 2017. He lives in Casper with his wife and their two kids.

Load comments