Some readers have asked me who's on the committee studying options for a Wyoming health insurance exchange.
The Wyoming Health Benefit Exchange Steering Committee is tasked with recommending whether the state should create it own exchange, partner with other states on a regional program or let the feds handle everything.
Insurance exchanges are marketplaces where small businesses and individuals can choose from different policies. Advocates believe competition will help address rising health care costs.
You can read more about the committee's work here.
And here's the roster:
- Ken Vines - Wyoming insurance commissioner
- Bill Landen - state senator
- Dan Dockstader - state senator
- Elaine Harvey - state representative
- Norine Kasperik - state representative
- Andy Firtzgerald - Campbell County Memorial Hospital
- Meredith Asay - Wyoming Department of Health
- Jan Stall - Wyoming Department of Health, Medicaid
- Elizabeth Hoy - governor's representative
- Lisa Osvald - Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
- Korin Schmidt - Wyoming Department of Family Services
- Peggy Nikkel - consumer representative
- Rick Schum - Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Wyoming
- Dr. Gerrie Gardner - health care representative
- Roger Lawley - business representative
- Al Harris - business representative
- Dan Hoffman - insurance producer