- SHERIDAN: Celebrate the release of the new Star Wars movie with a party, WEDNESDAY, 5:30 p.m., Sheridan Fulmer Library Inner Circle. Yoda soda, wookie cookies, sith sticks and other refreshments, and a "movie" will be shown at 6 p.m. Of course, costumes welcome! (For the name of the movie, stop by or call the library).
- CLEARMONT: Local author Craig Johnson reads a new Christmas short story, THURSDAY, 5 p.m., at Clearmont Branch Library, followed by time for discussion and questions. A selection of his books will be available for purchase and refreshments will be provided. Free.
- SHERIDAN: Men's Night Out on Main Street, THURSDAY, 5 to 8 p.m. Ladies may stop at participating businesses through Thursday to fill out wish lists and register for prizes, and men can shop for those lists on Thursday evening. There are also prizes for men who shop Thursday night. All prizes will be awarded Friday. No purchase necessary. Info: www.downtownsheridan.org
LARAMIE: Planetarium show, “Greek Mythology, ” FRIDAY, 7 p.m., A Winter Wonderlight laser light show follows at 8:10 p.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: Laramie Civic Chorus and Community Collaboration, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m., Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts concert hall. Free.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show, “An Introduction to Astronomy,” SATURDAY, 11 a.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- CHEYENNE: Cheyenne Youth Symphony Winter Concert, SATURDAY, 7 p.m., South High Auditorium, Free. Dessert auction will follow concert.
- GILLETTE: 27th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit, through SUNDAY, Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater Gallery. Open to public without admission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., as well as during ticketed events and by appointment. Silent auction proceeds benefit organizations that sponsor wreaths. Info: (307) 682-0552.
- CHEYENNE: Historic Governor's Mansion "Decking the Halls," through DEC. 24, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Opening reception, SATURDAY, 5-8 p.m., free.
- CHEYENNE: Thom Wise collection of Santa Clauses, Paul Smith Children's Village, through DEC. 24, TUESDAY through SATURDAY, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and SUNDAY, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. FRIDAY, 5 to 6:30 p.m., and SATURDAY, 1 to 3 p.m., campfire and cocoa with Santa Claus. Free.
- CHEYENNE: Christmas Light Tours on the Trolley, nightly, SATURDAY through DEC. 24, 6 and 8 p.m. Start at west end of Frontier Mall. Tickets: $12 adults, $6 children 12 and under. Depot Visitor Center, (307) 778-3133.
- SHERIDAN: Wild West Wine Fest, tickets NOW on sale, event MARCH 4 Elks Lodge. Two ticket levels: $75 VIP ticket includes earlier access at 5 p.m.; General Admission ticket of $60 includes admission from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. For the month of December only, general admission tickets will be $50. Info: www.downtownsheridan.org. For sponsorship information call Zoila at DSA, 307-672-8881.
- SHERIDAN: Third annual Downton Abbey Tea Party, JAN. 9, 2 p.m., Sheridan Fulmer Library Wyoming Room. Period dress is encouraged. Seating limited. RSPV by JAN. 4, (307) 674-8585, ext. 129.
- GILLETTE: Mystery Bag Challenge, JAN. 16, 10 a.m. to noon, Rockpile Museum. Children age preschool to 12 accompanied by an adult will solve silly engineering challenges by using imagination, building skills and contents of a Mystery Bag provided. Free but space is limited. Info:
(307) 682-5723 or visit rockpilemuseum.com
- LANDER: Around Town: Native American Art Show, through SATURDAY at the Lander Art Center, The Middle Fork, and the Lander Library. Lander Art Center is open Tuesday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, 224 Main Street.
- CHEYENNE: Tuesday Figure Drawing Class from 6:30-9:30 p.m. TUESDAYS at the Art Corner Co-Op, 1726 Capitol Ave. Fee: $15. Info: 307-514-3313.
- JACKSON: Cathedral Voices, FRIDAY, 7 p.m., Walk Festival Hall, and SATURDAY, 3 p.m., Jackson Hole High School Auditorium (same program each day). Chamber Choir and the all-female Treble Voices present holiday favorites old and new, partnering with the Jackson Hole Symphony Orchestra, Big City Broadway Youth Show Choir and the Jackson Hole Brass Quintet. $5 suggested donation appreciated.
- LANDER: Fremont Symphony Orchestra, MARCH 4, solo guitarist Chris Proctor, Fremont County Library Carnegie Room; MARCH 19, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall.
Follow community news editor Sally Ann Shurmur on Twitter @WYOSAS.