- GILLETTE: 27th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit, through DEC. 20, Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater Gallery. Open to public without admission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., as well as during ticketed events and by appointment. Silent auction proceeds benefit organizations that sponsor wreaths. Info: (307) 682-0552.
- CHEYENNE: Historic Governor's Mansion "Decking the Halls," through DEC. 24, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Opening reception, SATURDAY, 5-8 p.m., free.
- CHEYENNE: Thom Wise collection of Santa Clauses, Paul Smith Children's Village, through DEC. 24, TUESDAY through SATURDAY, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and SUNDAY, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. FRIDAY, 5 to 6:30 p.m., and SATURDAY, 1 to 3 p.m., campfire and cocoa with Santa Claus. Free.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, THURSDAY, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave.. Gretchen Hurley with The Geology and Paleontology of Natural Trap Cave. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show, “This Month’s Sky: December,” FRIDAY, 7 p.m. A Pink Floyd laser light show follows at 8:10 p.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: Stand-up comedians Brent Gill and Heath Arthur will perform with guest emcee Vinnie Montez in the lower level of the Wyoming Union, FRIDAY, 9 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: "Happy Holidays, Laramie!" event at the UW Art Museum includes musical and dance performances, SATURDAY, 10:30 a.m. Children are invited to have their pictures taken with Santa Claus and to create ornaments, cards and other holiday decorations.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show, “Constellations for Beginners,” SATURDAY, 11 a.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: Wyoming illustrator Zachary Pullen will discuss his most recent book, “The Presidents,” in the Wyoming Union Family Room, SATURDAY, 11 a.m. After his presentation, he will sign books and answer questions at the University Store. This is a free event for the public and will coincide with the University Store's Holiday Open House.
- CODY: Holiday Open House, SATURDAY, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Free. A free day for the whole community, with entertainments, holiday treats, and Santa Claus.
- SHERIDAN: Mad Hatter Tea Party, SATURDAY, 1 p.m., Sheridan Fulmer Library Inner Circle. Hat decorating, tea party and screening of the original "Alice in Wonderland" movie (rated G) from 1951 in the Inner Circle and Tim Burton's version (rated PG) in the Children's Library Theater. All ages welcome.
- UCROSS: Third annual Community Christmas Celebration, DEC. 12, 4 to 6 p.m., the Park at Ucross. Christmas music, Christmas story by Craig Johnson, crafts for children, light refreshments, fireworks by Bruce Burns and the lighting of threes throughout the park. Bring canned and non-perishable food for families in need. Located at the intersection of highways 14 and 16, about 10 miles west of Clearmont. Info: (307) 737-2291.
- SHERIDAN: Third annual Downton Abbey Tea Party, JAN. 9, 2 p.m., Sheridan Fulmer Library Wyoming Room. Period dress is encouraged. Seating limited. RSPV by JAN. 4, (307) 674-8585, ext. 129.
- LARAMIE: Ceramic Art Guild silent auction and reception, THURSDAY, 5:30 p.m., in the UW Visual Arts Building main lobby. Proceeds fund student travel to a national ceramic arts conference.
- LARAMIE: The UW Art Museum presents the Festival of Trees “Lighting of the Trees” reception, THURSDAY, 6 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: Festival of Trees silent auction at the UW Art Museum begins at 10 a.m., FRIDAY; resumes from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., on Saturday. Bidders need not be present to win, and all proceeds benefit museum programs and children’s art classes.
- LANDER: Around Town: Native American Art Show, through DEC. 19 at the Lander Art Center, The Middle Fork, and the Lander Library. Lander Art Center is open Tuesday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, 224 Main Street.
- CHEYENNE: Tuesday Figure Drawing Class from 6:30-9:30 p.m. TUESDAYS at the Art Corner Co-Op, 1726 Capitol Ave. Fee: $15. Info: 307-514-3313.
- PINE BLUFFS: Cheyenne Chamber Singers, "Wolcum Yole! A Ceremony of Carols," FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m., at the Historic Pine Bluffs High School. Free.
- LARAMIE: The UW Department of Music’s Faculty Recital Series concludes its fall schedule, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m. The performance will be in the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts concert hall. Sponsored by the German Embassy in commemoration of the reunification of Germany, the concert is free and open to the public.
- LARAMIE: Black Tie Affair fall concert in the UW College of Education auditorium, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- CHEYENNE: Cheyenne Chamber Singers, "Wolcum Yole! A Ceremony of Carols," SUNDAY, 2 p.m., at St. Mary’s Cathedral. Free.
- LARAMIE: The Soweto Gospel Choir will perform in the UW College of Arts and Sciences auditorium, SUNDAY, 3 p.m. Tickets cost $25.50 for the public; $20.50 for faculty and staff; and $10.50 for students. Tickets are available at www.uwyo.edu/finearts or by calling (307) 766-6666. Tickets also are available at the Performing Arts box office and the Wyoming Union information desk.
- LANDER: Fremont Symphony Orchestra, MARCH 4, solo guitarist Chris Proctor, Fremont County Library Carnegie Room; MARCH 19, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall.
Follow community news editor Sally Ann Shurmur on Twitter @WYOSAS.