- LARAMIE: WEDNESDAY, 8 a.m., Veterans Day Roll Call event, Simpson Plaza; noon, Veterans Day flag-raising ceremony and reception. Prexy’s Pasture flag circle.
- LARAMIE: WEDNESDAY, 4 p.m., Holocaust survivor Estelle Nadel will speak as part of Holocaust Remembrance Week in the Classroom Building, Room 302. Free. 4 p.m., Professor Conrado Zuluaga, from the Universidad de los Andes, Colombia, will discuss “Write to not die: Gabriel Garcia Marquez, writer” in the College of Business, Room 127. Free. 6 p.m., “Indigenous Rights as Human Rights,” a presentation by Cindy Holder, University of Victoria, Canada, and Colin Samson, UW visiting scholar in American Indian studies, will be in the College of Business, Room 127. Free.
- LARAMIE: “Bahati Bingo and Silent Auction,” a fundraising event, will be at the Laramie Plains Civic Center Kenny Sailors (north) gym, FRIDAY, 6:30 p.m. All proceeds will go to the Shalom Garden Orphanage School in Nakuru, Kenya. Admission is free, but donations will be accepted.
- LARAMIE: Comedian and actor Jim Gaffigan, SATURDAY, 7 and 9:30 p.m., UW College of Arts and Sciences auditorium. Tickets $40 for public, $20 for UW students with valid ID number. All tickets available at the Wyoming Union information desk and Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts box office or by visiting www.uwyo.edu/finearts.
- GILLETTE: 27th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit, NOV. 17 to DEC. 20, Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater Gallery. Open to public without admission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., as well as during ticketed events and by appointment. Silent auction proceeds benefit organizations that sponsor wreaths. Info: (307) 682-0552.
- CODY: Family Fun Day: Family Ties, 3-7 p.m., NOV. 20, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Could your family survive together in a tipi? Do wolf packs have communication problems? Families ponder questions like this while uncovering unique information about family interactions in the Animal Kingdom. Free for Center members; $10 per non-member family; complimentary dinner included from 5 – 6:30 p.m. Made possible in part through a grant from the R. Harold Burton Foundation.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, DEC. 3, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave.. Gretchen Hurley with The Geology and Paleontology of Natural Trap Cave. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- CODY: Holiday Open House, DEC. 5, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Free. A free day for the whole community, with entertainments, holiday treats, and Santa Claus.
- LANDER: Around Town: Native American Art Show, through DEC. 19 at the Lander Art Center, The Middle Fork, and the Lander Library. Lander Art Center is open Tuesday to Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, 224 Main Street.
- LANDER: The Lander Library hosts a special screening of local Native American films in conjunction with this exhibit, NOV. 19, at 6:30 p.m. All events are free for the public.
- CHEYENNE: Tuesday Figure Drawing Class from 6:30-9:30 p.m. TUESDAYS at the Art Corner Co-Op, 1726 Capitol Ave. Fee: $15. Info: 307-514-3313.
- LARAMIE: The Student Activities Council presents Fruition, a folk-alternative rock band, in the lower level of the Wyoming Union, WEDNESDAY, 8 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: Studio WYO presents The Littlest Birds with Dauphin in the Wyoming Union Gardens, THURSDAY, 7 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: UW Wind Symphony concert in the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts concert hall, THURSDAY, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: The UW Faculty Recital Series presents guest artists Trio Solis in the Performing Arts Center concert hall, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: Hip-hop violinist DSharp will perform in the Wyoming Union Ballroom, FRIDAY, 9 p.m. Free.
- GILLETTE: Mannheim Steamroller, TUESDAY, 4 & 8 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Tickets: $55 and $45. Info: (307) 682-8802.
- LANDER: Fremont Symphony Orchestra, SATURDAY, Baltimore Symphony principal 2nd violinist Qing Li as soloist, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall; MARCH 4, solo guitarist Chris Proctor, Fremont County Library Carnegie Room; MARCH 19, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall.
- LARAMIE: The UW Department of Music presents a vocal jazz concert in the Performing Arts Center concert hall, SATURDAY, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- PINE BLUFFS: Cheyenne Chamber Singers, "Wolcum Yole! A Ceremony of Carols," DEC. 4, 2015, 7:30 p.m., at the Historic Pine Bluffs High School. Free.
- CHEYENNE: Cheyenne Chamber Singers, "Wolcum Yole! A Ceremony of Carols," DEC. 6, 2015, 2 p.m., at St. Mary’s Cathedral. Free.
- LARAMIE: Nightly through Saturday, 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, 2 p.m., The UW Department of Theatre and Dance presents “Legacy of Light” on the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts main stage. Tickets cost $14 for the public, $11 for senior citizens and $7 for students. For tickets and information, call (307) 766-6666 or go online at www.uwyo.edu/finearts. Tickets also are available at the Wyoming Union information desk and Performing Arts box office.
- GILLETTE: "Romeo and Juliet," FRIDAY, 7 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Presented by Aquila Theatre. Tickets: $6 adults, $4 youth/senior/military. Tickets: (307) 682-8802, M-F, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Follow community news editor Sally Ann Shurmur on Twitter @WYOSAS.