- LARAMIE: Student Activities Council presents Teton Gravity Research film “Paradise Waits, ” WEDNESDAY, 8 p.m., in the Wyoming Union Ballroom. Free.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, THURSDAY, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Mike Bies with An Overview of the Rock Art of the Bighorn Basin. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- LARAMIE: Friday Night Fever will screen “Self/Less,” FRIDAY, 6:30 p.m., in the Wyoming Union Family Room. A second screening will start at 9 p.m. Free.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show “This Month’s Sky: A Comet’s Tale.” FRIDAY, 7 p.m. A tour of the STAR Observatory follows at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: “Spectre,” the latest James Bond movie, FRIDAY, 10:30 p.m., showing at the Laramie Regal Fox Theater 6. A limited number of free tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in the Campus Activities Center, Wyoming Union, Room 012. Tickets will be available Thursday at noon and again Friday at noon. Students must have a valid UW student ID to claim tickets and may pick up only one ticket per student ID.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show “Exoplanets.” SATURDAY, 11 a.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for non-students, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: Comedian and actor Jim Gaffigan, NOV. 14, 7 and 9:30 p.m., UW College of Arts and Sciences auditorium. Tickets $40 for public, $20 for UW students with valid ID number. All tickets available at the Wyoming Union information desk and Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts box office or by visiting www.uwyo.edu/finearts.
- GILLETTE: 27th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit, NOV. 17 to DEC. 20, Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater Gallery. Open to public without admission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., as well as during ticketed events and by appointment. Silent auction proceeds benefit organizations that sponsor wreaths. Info: (307) 682-0552.
- CODY: Family Fun Day: Family Ties, 3-7 p.m., NOV. 20, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Could your family survive together in a tipi? Do wolf packs have communication problems? Families ponder questions like this while uncovering unique information about family interactions in the Animal Kingdom. Free for Center members; $10 per non-member family; complimentary dinner included from 5 – 6:30 p.m. Made possible in part through a grant from the R. Harold Burton Foundation.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, DEC. 3, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave.. Gretchen Hurley with The Geology and Paleontology of Natural Trap Cave. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- CODY: Holiday Open House, DEC. 5, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Free. A free day for the whole community, with entertainments, holiday treats, and Santa Claus.
- CHEYENNE: Tuesday Figure Drawing Class from 6:30-9:30 p.m. TUESDAYS at the Art Corner Co-Op, 1726 Capitol Ave. Fee: $15. Info: 307-514-3313.
- LARAMIE: Studio WYO presents Temple with Ratboys, Bedroom Sons and In July, THURSDAY, 7 p.m., in the Wyoming Union Gardens. Free.
- LARAMIE: VoicePlay a cappella performance, THURSDAY, 7:30 p.m., in the Arts and Sciences auditorium. Tickets cost $18.50 for the public; $15.50 for senior citizens, faculty and staff; and $10.50 for students. Tickets are available at www.uwyo.edu/finearts, by calling (307) 766-6666, or at the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts box office and the Wyoming Union information desk.
- LARAMIE: “Choral Collage” performance by the Singing Statesmen, Bel Canto and The Happy Jacks, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m., Performing Arts Center concert hall. Free.
- SHERIDAN: Don McLean and Judy Collins, SATURDAY, 7:30 p.m., WYO Theater, 42 N. Main. Tickets: $50 per person. Box office: (307) 672-9084, www.wyotheater.com
- LANDER: Fremont Symphony Orchestra, NOV. 14, Baltimore Symphony principal 2nd violinist Qing Li as soloist, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall; MARCH 4, solo guitarist Chris Proctor, Fremont County Library Carnegie Room; MARCH 19, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall.
- GILLETTE: Mannheim Steamroller, NOV. 17, 4 & 8 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Tickets: $55 and $45. Info: (307) 682-8802.
- CHEYENNE: Mannheim Steamroller, NOV. 18, 7:30 p.m., Cheyenne Civic Center. (307) 637-6363.
- GILLETTE: Acting class, "Building a Character," SATURDAY, Cam-Plex Heritage Center. K through 12th grade, by age group. Registration is limited; pre-registration strongly encouraged. K-6, $5; 7-12, $10. Taught by Molly O'Connor Dailey. Has played Grizabella, Cinderella, and Jeri Neal in The Dixie Swim Club. Tickets: (307) 682-8802, M-F, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- GILLETTE: "Romeo and Juliet," NOV. 13, 7 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Presented by Aquila Theatre. Tickets: $6 adults, $4 youth/senior/military. Tickets: (307) 682-8802, M-F, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Follow community news editor Sally Ann Shurmur on Twitter @WYOSAS.