- LARAMIE: Cowboy Country Swing Club Halloween Dance, THURSDAY, 8 p.m., in the Wyoming Union Ballroom. Free lessons start at 8 p.m., with live music at 9 p.m. Costumes are allowed, but masks are prohibited.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show “Comets and Asteroids,” FRIDAY, 7 p.m. A Michael Jackson laser light show follows at 8:10 p.m. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for nonstudents, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- CODY: Family Fun Day: Hootin’ Howlin’ Halloween, 2-4:30 p.m., FRIDAY, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. A Halloween celebration that combines education, fun and treats. Come in costume and enjoy “spooky” activities and crafts while trick or treating through our Draper Natural History Museum. Free for Center members; $10 per non-member family. Made possible in part through a grant from the R. Harold Burton Foundation.
- CHEYENNE: Rocky Horror Picture Show, FRIDAY and SATURDAY, 9 p.m., and midnight, Historic Atlas Theater, 211 W. Lincolnway. Cost includes bag of props. Be ready to get drenched as audience participation is expected. cheyennelittletheatre.org or (307) 638-6543.
- LARAMIE: Planetarium show “The Spooky Side of Space,” SATURDAY, 11 a.m., in the Physical Sciences Building. Come dressed in costume for door prizes. Tickets cost $3 for students and $4 for nonstudents, Physical Sciences Building basement. Advance tickets are available in Room 204 of the Physical Sciences Building.
- LARAMIE: “Rocky Horror Picture Show” screening, SATURDAY, 11 p.m. This is a ticketed event, but tickets are free. Pick up tickets at the Wyoming Union information desk. Doors will open at 10 p.m., with general admission seating in the Arts and Sciences auditorium. This is an 18-and-older event with ID checks at the door.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, NOV. 5, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Mike Bies with An Overview of the Rock Art of the Bighorn Basin. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- LARAMIE: Comedian and actor Jim Gaffigan, NOV. 14, 7 and 9:30 p.m., UW College of Arts and Sciences auditorium. Tickets $40 for public, $20 for UW students with valid ID number. All tickets available at the Wyoming Union information desk and Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts box office or by visiting www.uwyo.edu/finearts.
- GILLETTE: 27th annual Invitational Wreath Exhibit, NOV. 17 to DEC. 20, Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater Gallery. Open to public without admission Monday through Friday, 8 a.m., to 5 p.m., as well as during ticketed events and by appointment. Silent auction proceeds benefit organizations that sponsor wreaths. Info: (307) 682-0552.
- GILLETTE: Mannheim Steamroller, NOV. 17, 4 & 8 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Tickets: $55 and $45. Info: (307) 682-8802.
- CODY: Family Fun Day: Family Ties, 3-7 p.m., NOV. 20, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Could your family survive together in a tipi? Do wolf packs have communication problems? Families ponder questions like this while uncovering unique information about family interactions in the Animal Kingdom. Free for Center members; $10 per non-member family; complimentary dinner included from 5 – 6:30 p.m. Made possible in part through a grant from the R. Harold Burton Foundation.
- CODY: Draper Natural History Museum Lunchtime Expedition, DEC. 3, Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave.. Gretchen Hurley with The Geology and Paleontology of Natural Trap Cave. Free, 12:15 p.m. Supported in part by Sage Creek Ranch.
- CODY: Holiday Open House, DEC. 5, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Buffalo Bill Center of the West, 720 Sheridan Ave. Free. A free day for the whole community, with entertainments, holiday treats, and Santa Claus.
- LARAMIE: “The Study of Freedom” exhibition reception, THURSDAY, 7 p.m., in Gallery 234 in the lower level of the Wyoming Union. Free.
- CHEYENNE: Tuesday Figure Drawing Class from 6:30-9:30 p.m. TUESDAYS at the Art Corner Co-Op, 1726 Capitol Ave. Fee: $15. Info: 307-514-3313.
- LARAMIE: “New Frontiers: The Playground,” THURSDAY, 7:30 p.m., a performance in the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts concert hall. Free.
- LARAMIE: The Department of Music’s Faculty Recital Series, FRIDAY, 7:30 p.m., presents “Succinct, Serious, and Exuberant!” This Summit Chamber Players event is in the Buchanan Center for the Performing Arts recital hall. Free.
- SHERIDAN: Don McLean and Judy Collins, NOV. 7, 7:30 p.m., WYO Theater, 42 N. Main. Tickets: $50 per person. Box office: (307) 672-9084, www.wyotheater.com
- LANDER: Fremont Symphony Orchestra, NOV. 14, Baltimore Symphony principal 2nd violinist Qing Li as soloist, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall; MARCH 4, solo guitarist Chris Proctor, Fremont County Library Carnegie Room; MARCH 19, Lander Valley High School Concert Hall.
- GILLETTE: "Letters Home," WEDNESDAY, 7 p.m. Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Production using real letters written by soldiers serving in the Middle East. All current military personnel and veterans will be admitted free, please visit the ticket office to receive a free ticket. Tickets: $6 adults, $4 for youth and seniors. Info: (307) 682-8802; www.cam-plex.com
- GILLETTE: Acting class, "Building a Character," NOV. 7, Cam-Plex Heritage Center. K through 12th grade, by age group. Registration is limited; pre-registration strongly encouraged. K-6, $5; 7-12, $10. Taught by Molly O'Connor Dailey. Has played Grizabella, Cinderella, and Jeri Neal in The Dixie Swim Club. Tickets: (307) 682-8802, M-F, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- GILLETTE: "Romeo and Juliet," NOV. 13, 7 p.m., Cam-Plex Heritage Center Theater. Presented by Aquila Theatre. Tickets: $6 adults, $4 youth/senior/military. Tickets: (307) 682-8802, M-F, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Follow community news editor Sally Ann Shurmur on Twitter @WYOSAS.