1. Natrona County (1-0): The defending state champs opened with a 68-12 rout of Cheyenne South. Next up is a home game against Gillette, which has lost 20 consecutive games.
2. Thunder Basin (1-0): The Bolts posted a 44-0 shutout of Cheyenne Central in their opener and should keep rolling with a home game against Cheyenne South.
3. Sheridan (1-0): The Broncs, held off Rock Springs for their 10th consecutive season-opening victory, hit the road to take on Central.
4. Cheyenne East (1-0): After cruising to a big home win over Gillette, the T-Birds head to Casper to take on Kelly Walsh.
5. Laramie (1-0): The Plainsmen held off Kelly Walsh to win their first opener since 2009. A road trip to Rock Springs will be a tougher test.
1. Star Valley (1-0): In a matchup of defending state champs, the Braves went on the road to defeat Summit Valley, Utah. The road warriors will be at Blackfoot, Idaho, this week.
2. Jackson (1-0): The Broncs held on for a 38-32 victory over Teton, Idaho, to open the season. They’ll try to remain perfect against the Gem State when they host Bear Lake on Friday.
3. Douglas (0-0): The Bearcats will be tested in their opener as they host 2A defending state champ Buffalo.
4. Cody (0-0): The Broncs look to get their season off to a fast start when they open at Riverton in a non-conference clash.
5. Torrington (0-0): The Trailblazers, who advanced to the state championship game each of the past two years, host 2A Glenrock.
1. Buffalo (0-0): The defending state champs get tested right out of the gate with a road game at 3A Douglas.
2. Mountain View (0-0): In what has become one of the best early-season games of the year, the Buffalos host 1A/11-man power Cokeville.
You have free articles remaining.
3. Glenrock (0-0): The Herders and first-year coach Ryan Collier open their season at Torrington, which has been the state runner-up the past two seasons.
4. Wheatland (0-0): The Bulldogs jump right into East Conference action with a home game against Newcastle.
5. Greybull: The Buffaloes welcome 1A/11-man Rocky Mountain to town for both teams’ season openers.
1. Big Horn (0-0): The defending state champs take their high-scoring offense to Thermopolis to take on the 2A Bobcats.
2. Upton-Sundance (1-0): After opening with a 44-8 win at Lead-Deadwood, South Dakota, the Patriots host Lusk in a conference game with early seeding potential.
3. Cokeville (1-0): The Panthers held on for a 21-14 win over 2A Big Piney and now get a chance to see how they stack up against 2A power Mountain View.
4. Lusk (0-0): If the Tigers are going to be serious contenders in the East then Friday’s game at Upton-Sundance is a good measuring stick.
5. Tongue River (0-0): The Eagles expect to have their hands full when they host 2A Moorcroft.
1. Farson (0-0): The defending state champs put their 11-game winning streak on the line when they play at Guernsey on Saturday.
2. Snake River (0-0): The Rattlers play at Class 1A/11-man Saratoga, which has been forced to go with a 6-man schedule because of low numbers.
3. Hanna (0-0): The Miners have won nine regular-season games in a row and are 5-0 all-time against St. Stephens, which visits Hanna on Saturday.
4. Meeteetse (0-0): The Longhorns open their season by hosting Encampment, which is playing its first game as it tries to get its program started.
5. Guernsey (0-0): The Vikings could make a big statement if they could go to Farson and knock off the Pronghorns.