WWE will test all of its wrestlers and other talent Tuesday after one of their own tested positive for coronavirus.
A developmental wrestler who was at the training facility in Florida last week has tested positive, WWE confirmed to the Daily News Tuesday.
"Since that time, no other individuals that attended the facility have reported symptoms," Jeffrey Dugas, WWE's associate medical director, said in a statement.
"However, out of an abundance of caution and to ensure the health and safety of the company's performers and staff, all talent, production crew and employees on site at the training and production facilities will be tested for COVID-19 immediately."
How WWE kept going when the world shut down during the coronavirus pandemic »
The tests will take place Tuesday in place of scheduled tapings for future episodes of "Raw," "NXT" and "Smackdown."
"Following the test results, WWE plans to proceed with its normal television production schedule," Dugas said.
This is at least the second WWE employee to test positive, following an on-air personality in April.
WWE has been running shows out of its training facility in Orlando for several months without fans in the audience, but developmental talent has been placed ringside to serve as a makeshift audience.
During Monday night's "Raw," however, audience members were filmed without masks on.
WWE told The News that "a select number of friends and family" were allowed in the building, but kept at a 20% capacity and required to undergo a medical screening before entering.
The company claimed everyone was kept six feet apart, "thus face masks were not required."
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!